Who are we?
Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 3000 talented people in 45 beautiful offices across 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands, from airlines and travel companies, to the leading retailers, luxury brands and automotive and B2B companies. We also have a lasting legacy with the UK Government built over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re at the heart of it.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
We are founding members of the MACH Alliance, whose goal it is to help enterprise organizations navigate the complex modern technology landscape. We aim to guide and show how businesses can benefit from open tech ecosystems that are Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless.
You will work across the government and commercial sectors, on some of the most challenging and interesting projects. Our success is built on delivering quality user experiences at the time they are needed, and we care about positive outcomes even more than the technology we build. Much of the work we do helps vulnerable people, and hopefully like you, we’re passionate about making solutions accessible to all.
As a consultancy we work on a range of projects:
- Digital (Web)/ Big Data/ Platform projects
- Full Lifecyle development projects from discovery/ inception phase through to delivery
- Cutting edge technologies with cross functional teams
We truly believe in DevOps culture, Agile, and Lean. Our teams are cross-functional, working collaboratively with our clients, from product inception through to delivery of a live product. As a part of our projects we are frequently required to enable our clients in development of their own internal capability.
You will be responsible for automating, building, maintaining and improving the infrastructure and operational aspects of the project, including continuous integration/deployment environments. This includes ensuring that environments can be mobilised quickly in a repeatable fashion.
We'll be looking to see good experience and awareness across some of the following areas:
- Experience in a client facing role and comfortable leading when needed
- Experience in delivering the infrastructure
- Experience being embedded within the Dev team
- Infrastructure - Virtualized, Containerised, Serverless
- Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, Pulumi
- Configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
- Container Tech (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, Openshift, AKS, EKS)
- Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Building deployment pipelines using CI/CD tools. (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, Azure DevOps, Teamcity)
- Networking principles and practices (e.g. Security, Subnets, VLANS, Firewalls, TCP/IP)
- Monitoring, metrics, and logging (e.g. ELK, Prometheus, DataDog)
- OS Tuning and Management - Linux/Unix/BSD and Windows
- Build systems (Gradle, Maven, Npm) along with understanding of what is required to build, test and deploy such tech as Nodejs, React and SpringBoot
- Web Technologies - (e.g. Nginx, IIS)
- Databases - (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Mongo, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell)
Nice to have:
- Experience in designing the infrastructure
- Private Cloud (e.g. Cloudstack, OpenStack, CloudFoundry)
- Hybrid Cloud
- Experience of mentoring, coaching and supporting less experienced colleagues and clients.
- Depending on seniority team leadership may form part of your role
- Vulnerability/threat assessment and mitigation
We’re looking for someone with a maker mentality, who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent and talented people. Someone who wants to shake things up and fill their days with problem solving, innovation and phenomenal client projects. Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. things they are really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not.
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process.
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.