Who are we?
Valtech is more than just a digital agency. Whilst we’ve been transforming our clients’ businesses for over 25 years, we’ve also been working hard to offer transformative job opportunities for our colleagues across the world.
From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field, Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of work we deliver, but for all of the amazing people that make it happen.
We are 4000 talented people in 51 beautiful offices across 18 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really transform by doing.
How we deliver?
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
• Cross-functional teams
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialisation.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together to improve our approach.
• Continuous learning
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
• Outcome Focus
When driving our projects, we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
Specialist Skills & Requirements:
As a Business Analyst at Valtech you are critical to the success of our projects. You’ll be involved at every stage of the project, from kick-off, through delivery and on to support phases. Working closely with our clients, you’ll be responsible for turning the project vision and user experience into deliverables the team can work with and always maintaining a focus on the ‘why’ for your project.
The skillset required to excel in this role is broad, with the right individual needing to demonstrate strong capabilities within the following areas:
- Capturing Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for client requirements
- Management of the project backlog, including prioritisation with your Product Owner
- Producing user journey maps, process models and other artefacts that help the team deliver according to opportunity/problem space
- Working with developers and QA testers to prepare user stories for delivery
- Collaborating with our clients to define and agree the project roadmap, being able to focus on short, medium and long-term goals and value to the client
- Facilitation of workshops and a variety of team ceremonies as required; sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives etc
Knowledge and Experience
- Expert at requirements elicitation and articulation, with experience to underpin your ability
- Extensive experience delivering projects utilising Agile methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of Agile and Lean principles, and the ability to explain and educate others on them
- Track record of working closely with other disciplines involved in delivery; development, QA, UX and User Research
- Comprehensive knowledge of workshop facilitation tools and techniques for a variety of project scenarios
- Experience of running Agile ceremonies
- Highly capable stakeholder management skills, with experience in managing a variety of stakeholders across all levels of an organisation
- Consistently business value focussed
- Client or stakeholder facing experience is essential
- Understanding of project management principles is essential, experience of managing projects is desirable
We’re looking for someone with a maker mentality, who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent and talented people. Someone who wants to shake things up and fill their days with problem solving, innovation and phenomenal client projects. Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. things they are really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not.
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process.
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.