Location: UK - Hybrid / Remote Working
A few words about us
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. With expertise across experience design, technology and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimise business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimisation, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
As a Solution Architect at Valtech. You will be working on some of the most exciting, high-profile projects in the industry.
This role offers the opportunity to deliver cutting edge composable, cloud-based solutions which are all based on modern architecture patterns and technologies.
You will need to translate business requirements into technical solutions, and effectively communicate with internal teams, client teams and senior stakeholders on your design. A key part of your role will be working with delivery teams to ensure alignment to your design and requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Provide technical leadership in transforming requirements to solutions and technical designs, while working as a key member of cross functional delivery team(s); distributed across multiple geographies and organisations
- Acting as a trusted advisor to clients, providing pragmatic solutions to real world problems.
- Provide technical leadership on proof of concepts to establish architectural patterns for new products and service offerings
- Responsible for refactoring existing solutions while embracing cloud-first strategy, leveraging the full stack across SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS offerings
- Guide the impact assessment on various change initiatives around current and future technology landscape
- Review evolving requirements and work with stakeholders to make enhancements/changes to the architecture through a collaborative process with the product team(s).
- Ensure solutions are in-line with the target state, with significant focus on non-functional aspects of the solution
- Create and deliver architecture and design artefacts, while ensuring completeness of solution.
- Evangelize use of design patterns, industry standards and best practices, and contribute to the companies Communities of Practice
- Provide advice and support in performance tuning, troubleshooting, cost optimization and other implementation or operational challenges
- Review designs from the delivery partner and systems integrator teams to ensure they are consistent with the enterprise architecture and design principles
- Identify where compromises are made that diverge from the solution architecture and ensure their consequences are well communicated to both technical and semi-technical stakeholders, so that they are understood and properly decided upon
- Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained throughout the project lifecycle
- Contribute to the development and evolution of architecture, technical roadmap, technology governance processes, architecture principles, design guidelines and relevant standards within the organisation and our clients
- Get involved in pre-sales activities and support our sales teams in bringing in new opportunities
- Extensive work experience as an architect, with recent experience in architecting and designing solutions in an architectural capacity e.g., integration architect, application architect, software architect, solution architect., Technical Lead or Technical Architect
- Experience architecting cloud native solutions, leveraging containers, microservices, APIs, PaaS capabilities, variety of data storage technologies, IAM
- Experience in technical governance, performing quality reviews, performing reviews of the architecture and design deliverables from technical teams and working collaboratively to help them fill in the identified gaps
- Experience working across all the various stages of the project / product lifecycle, right from pre-sales into operationalisation, support, and eventual decommissioning
Essential Technical Expertise:
- Comfortable working with Cloud Platforms with experience of at least one of Azure, AWS, GCP
- Sufficient level of relevant technical background (from development or technical background) to provide highly credible leadership to development teams
- Be able to evaluate project risks, assumptions, dependencies, and issues accurately/objectively
- Strong experience with one or more programming languages, including but not limited to: C# on .NET Core/.NET, Java, Python, C++
- Good understanding of modern Devops and Testing methodologies such as CI/CD, BDD, TDD etc
- Good understanding of Security and Information Assurance, such as GDPR, OWASP Top 10, Least Privilege etc
Desirable Technical Expertise:
- Experience in architecting solutions in SaaS based CRM e.g. Salesforce, Dynamics 365, or similar
- Experience in architecting solutions in CMS systems e.g., Sitecore, Contentful or similar
- Experience in architecting eCommerce solutions
- Experience with API Gateways / Managers such as Mulesoft, AWS API Manger, AWS App Sync, Azure API Gateways etc
- Experience in architecting mobile solutions targeting both Android and iOS
What can you expect from us:
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5,000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and engineers. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication. We transform by doing and are insanely passionate about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risks. And we care deeply about one another, our clients, and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organisation the opportunity to grow and transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing.
Here at Valtech we’re big believers that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we want to make sure we look after you. As well as all the usual corporate benefits (hybrid & flexible working, pension, life insurance, 25 days holiday, phone, laptop, BUPA private healthcare & dental etc), we pride ourselves on our commitment to continuous learning and development, which means you’ll have a clear growth and development path, alongside access to professional coaching and online learning courses.
You’ll be joining an inclusive and diverse workforce, working on truly exciting projects with collaborative teams at a local and global level, with a big focus on health and social well-being (free office lunches, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, eye tests, Flu Jab, regular Company Days and staff parties).
We appreciate that interviews can be daunting. At Valtech we aim to make the interview process an approachable, two-way conversation, that allows us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. As part of our efforts to ensure the recruitment process is fair and consistent, we have put in place measures and initiatives to ensure we are not rating people differently due to our own bias.
If you would like now more about our recruitment framework, click here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.
- Hybrid / Remote - UK
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Hybrid / Remote - UK
Loading application form
Already working at Valtech UK?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.