Who are we?
Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 4000 talented people in 45 beautiful offices across 16 countries. We work extensively with UK Government as well as some of the world’s best known brands, from airlines and travel companies, to the leading retailers, luxury brands and automotive and B2B companies. We have a lasting legacy in Public Sector built over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you’re renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re at the heart of it.
We transform our clients’ services and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across central government providing digital platforms, digital and business transformation, and connected services.
Valtech is looking for a Business Development Manager to join us in the UK to support our ambition of becoming the leading digital services provider in UK Public Sector.
To be a success in the role you will know government because you have lived it for years. You will be able to articulate the value of digital transformation to senior civil servants in 50 words or less and, most importantly, as a digital native you can translate the trends and lingo of the digital world into propositions that provide outcomes for both the public purse and the citizen.
Your job is to know the market, hunt the business challenges that can be solved digitally, creating and pursuing opportunities with new client prospects. You know the value of getting really stuck-in to digital consulting rather than going on autopilot with generic slide decks, and you’re comfortable with positioning a full-service offering that spans strategy, creative and technology.
You’ll be passionate about the impact your work has on human beings. Furthermore, you’ll inspire the rest of the sales and account management team, including a tight coupling and collaboration with Marketing, so we drive a lean and effective end-to-end sales process across the funnel.
You must be both a leader and a deal-closer, and that means you also understand the fine act of balancing risks when bidding for new business. You’ll be well networked into the wider global company, using the growing power of the One Valtech organization to drive the UK based business.
You’ve had a similar position for the last 10 years or more, most likely in another digital agency/consultancy or a technology partner. Your track record is proven when it comes to digital strategy, customer experience, digital planning, content management, and e-commerce.
- Grow our business via net new clients in the Public Sector.
- Drive the sales pipeline development in close partnership with the local and European marketing team.
- Engage with prospect organisations to position Valtech solutions through strategic value-based selling, business case definition, references from clients and partners, networking, etc.
- Lead end-to-end presales / RFI / RFP response / pitch process through qualification, win strategy definition, engagement of appropriate resources such as solution engineers, professional services leads, partner executives etc.
- Participate in relevant marketing and industry events.
- Systematically collaborate with Valtech’s key technology platform partners in the region, e.g. Microsoft, Sitecore, Salesforce, Optimizely, Contentful, Commercetools, and others.
- Accurate weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting and revenue delivery.
- Keep up with the trends in government spend and approach, and Valtech clients’ industry verticals.
- Keep up with client success case studies and services value proposition development within Valtech
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is
Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not.
Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process.
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.