Who are we?
Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 4000 people in 51 beautiful offices across 18 countries. We work with major global brands like L’Oréal, Heineken, Toyota, BMW and the NHS to deliver the future of digital technology and transform business results. In the UK, this work is further complimented by a long history of engagements in the UK Government and public sector, with over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re making it happen.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
We are looking for a user researcher who cares deeply about designing digital products and services used by people every day. You care how a real person will experience it. Use it. And fail with it. You know it needs to be usable but believe it should be accessible for all.
At Valtech we promise to make products and services that will delight users. We take a user centered design approach to delivering on this promise. Some of our clients run products and deliver services used by millions of users. All of our clients operate in complex digital environments.
User researchers at Valtech investigate and evidence user needs. You can bring a range of industry standard research methodologies to bear on the programme’s aims. Our teams work iteratively, working in an Agile way to get feedback quickly, validating ideas and iterating designs in order to shape innovative solutions for complex problems.
You need to demonstrate empathy, critical thinking and a drive to find the innovation solution across often competing and complex digital landscapes.
- Demonstrable experience of applying qualitative user research skills
- A great track record as a user researcher within Agile-based teams
- Clear experience of working within a UK Government project running to GDS standards
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for user centred design methodology across your working experience
- Ability to synthesis evidence (both received and from your own research sessions)
- Experience running research with participants with medium-to-high accessibility needs and/or at risk groups (per UK Gov criteria)
- Excellent creative and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel to work with clients and project teams within UK (COVID pandemic-dependent)
- Experience working effectively within Agile teams
- Experience driving quantitative research (e.g. surveys)
- Experience running remote unmoderated test
- Clear experience working closely with other digital project team roles (from UX designers to business analysts to developers)
- Clear grasp of inclusive design, accessibility (i.e. WCAG guidelines) & its application within user research across Discovery & Alpha phase projects
- Ability to share ideas rapidly
- Ability to demonstrate aptitude for some of the following skills: ability to craft compelling and actionable design solutions, facilitation, storytelling, verbal and written, ideation and concept development
- Conducting UX and usability evaluations of websites and apps
- Champions user needs within the project team and work with other team members to improve user experience of the work we produce
- Experience with quant. research at scale e.g. optimisation and RCTs
- Develop journey maps/customer experience maps, and identify issues and opportunities for improvement
- Experience of recruiting participants for user research
- Develop UX concepts that support business and user needs
- Experience using one or more industry-standard design tools e.g. Sketch, InVision, Figma, Axure
- Develop and test information architecture for a site, service or app to meet user and business needs
- Develop lo-fidelity prototypes and work with the team to improve interaction design
- Run co-design activities with participants and stakeholders the support of the project team
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not.
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process.
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.