Who are we?
Valtech is a multi-award-winning digital agency with 3,000+ people in 45 beautiful offices across 15 countries. We work with major global brands like L’Oréal, Heineken, Toyota, BMW and the NHS to deliver the future of digital technology and transform business results. In the UK, this work is further complimented by a long history of engagements in the UK Government and public sector, with over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re making it happen.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
We are looking for a brilliant technology leader to join us here in the UK. We’re after someone who will support and encourage the growth of our commercial capabilities and who will lead a community of talented people who are passionate about tech and digital as a force for good.
This is a leadership role in the UK business, but we are a genuinely global business with a global community that actively supports and promotes the fostering of connections, knowledge sharing and influence across borders. So, whilst you’ll be based in the UK, we really want someone who is excited about being part of something bigger and who is up for impacting global strategy.
Our perfect candidate really cares about helping teams to make things better for users. They will be as credible as a coach and mentor as they are as a technologist. Curiosity, critical thought, and an ability to get under the skin of our clients’ businesses will make this role seriously satisfying.
This role reports into the UK Technical Director but will work very closely with other functional directors and colleagues across Valtech globally.
- Gathering, generating, and synthesising strong opinions and thought leadership on commerce technology trends to influence/shape internal and client strategy
- Leadership of the technical teams supporting 2-5 clients (not line management)
- Own technical assurance, technical guidance, technical strategy, technical standards, and technical vision for those clients
- Supporting client engagements directly by assuring technical work done for our clients is in line with the standards you will develop and our client’s technology and engineering standards
- Supporting our sales, marketing, and account management teams both in exploring opportunities for growth with our clients and in delivering bids and proposals
- Strengthening the UK’s technical presence and involvement within the global Valtech community
- Act as an escalation point for issues that occur within the assigned clients
- Support the recruitment and client management teams with recruitment planning and talent acquisition for the delivery of the projects
- Identify, Mentor and Develop future technical leaders within the assigned client delivery teams.
- Sponsor 1-2 Craft Circles (Communities of Practise)
- This will be a 50% billable role to the client.
Experience and skills:
- Proven track record building and leading communities of technologists
- Proven ability to collaborate with clients and demonstrate passion for their outcomes
- Established as a well-rounded technologist with experience across technology and business domains
- Proven ability to engage and influence at C-suite/DG level
- Proven ability to advocate for delivery methods (especially agile) and understand the impact on technology planning/strategy
- Deep experience in solving problems involving:
- Bespoke development
- COTS integration
- Delivery in large enterprises
- CMS, CXP platforms
- GDS technology and design principles
Technology domains we are particularly interested in talking to you about:
- .NET, Java development.
- Accessible front-end engineering
- Devops culture
- Continuous integration/delivery/deployment
- Infrastructure automation and the evolution of infrastructure
- CMS/CXP platforms
- eCommerce platforms
- Azure, AWS, GCP
- Security by design
- Composable Architectures and MACH
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not.
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process.
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.