Who are we?
Valtech is a leading digital agency. We’ve been transforming our clients’ businesses for over 25 years, whilst also offering transformative job opportunities for our colleagues across the world.
From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field, Valtech will always be recognised for the impact our work has in all aspects of people’s lives, whether it be renewing your Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway.
Why not join the amazing people that make this happen? We are 4000+ people in 51 offices in 18 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands from automotive to retail, creating connected experiences, commerce and more. We don’t just talk about how to get things done: we roll up our sleeves and transform by doing.
The Client Partner is a proactive and knowledgeable consultant, supporter, advocate and ally for Valtech’s clients. Responsible for ensuring that our agency is meeting the client’s objectives through planning and delivering high quality, effective activity and evaluating the impact of this activity.
Entrepreneurial in spirit and adept at working in fast-paced, changing, high growth environment, you will lead a team to deliver best in class partnership to our client, becoming an expert in the Valtech offering and the business value it brings to our clients whilst working towards our agency goals for revenue growth, sustaining profit margin, and ultimately creating work we are proud off.
In this critical client facing role, you build intimate and trusted relationships ensuring clients know we are here to make them successful. You have a thorough knowledge of the digital landscape, the consumer, brand, the industry and the marketplace.
Knowing your clients’ inner workings, with a mindset of problem solving, and grit, you help clients understand how our offering can support their business.
This is a senior role within Valtech. Internally you will be responsible for running a key portfolio focussed on product and service delivery for our clients and its P&L, direct and indirect team management required to get the best out of the talent and work closely with Client Partnership Director and Managing Director to plan and develop the Client Partnership team and department strategy. Representing our clients on the Senior Leadership Team.
What we are looking for:
A true leader. We do everything we can to deliver the best experiences for our clients. That means developing deep and honest relationships with them, becoming trusted advisors, to help them achieve their goals and maintain a strong partnership with the agency. Whilst inspiring and leading a client team of multi-disciplinary experts to deliver on our commitments and ensure everything we do exceeds expectations.
Strategic and smart but also operational and commercial. You will have a vision for your accounts and know how to execute against it. Adept at unearthing client’s challenges you will be able to go deep into their business , gain respect and understanding and look at opportunities to both grow our relationship and provide a better experience, bring everyone on the journey with you.
Solutions focused. You work well under pressure, keeping your cool when challenges arise and looking for resolutions. Not afraid to make the case for what you believe in, you speak convincingly because you know exactly what you’re talking about – and just how to get people excited about the work we do, and the opportunities ahead.
Product and service expert. You will have extensive experience of leading the creation and building complex digital products and services within an agency environment. Able to educate the client in the right approach and structure, discuss opportunities in tech across different stakeholders, and lead the agency in best practices and future goals.
- Client relationships: You will be a natural at building trusting relationships with both existing and potential clients, leading and owning the key relationships at executive level clients across CIO/CTO and CMO to ensure, to guide the development of the account and become a trusted partner and strategic advisor to each of the brands in your portfolio.
- New business: You will be involved in and lead organic new pitches, acting as the client in the agency and understand how to disseminate their brief and tell the right story to be successful.
- Commercial & Operational control: You will have full responsibility for the revenue performance & growth of the group, whilst actively drive collaboration and effective operational behaviours across the business, problem solving challenges ahead of time, to ensure constant high level of delivery and effective margin.
- Ambition for Growth: Planning for and leading client pitches (existing business with support for new business) with the support of the wider agency and new business team will be a core part of your role for growth of your portfolio.
- Wider agency influence: You will be expected to be a voice in the development and standardisation of our client offering, creation of best practices in Client Partnership, marketing opportunities and department strategy as a senior leader in the client services team, and wider agency groups.
- Wider Valtech and Partnership relationships: You will be a cultural Ambassador in and outside of the Agency, fostering and developing wider relationships within the network and our third-party partners and at times wider client agency groups as we look to lead and guide the agenda for our clients.
- Delivering excellence at all time: You will be responsible for empowering the team to deliver a best in class experience to a high-profile client base. You will motivate and inspire your team and the wider agency. Relaying client’s expectations, challenges and potential solutions to the teams running client projects. Ensuring constant innovation across our existing accounts and working closely with all teams to ensure this is happing at a micro level as well as macro.
- Challenge resolution: When challenges arise across the portfolio, you will be the go-to person for the team and wider agency, owning and tackling challenges head on, problem solving, finding solutions and managing the communication with the client within your team, or agency leaders to resolve, and continuously find areas for improvement.
- Team management : You will have line management responsibility of a team of up to 5 team members. Within the wider team you will create a team dynamic that people want to be part of with a clear vision and direction for the business, the standards that you set and at all time push for excellence for clients. You will be an inspirational leader, role model and mentor with high emotional intelligence, motivating a team to work collaboratively and ensure you achieve strong employee engagement and client satisfaction scores.
We are sure you have a load of skills you could bring to Valtech but these are the ones we think most important
- Multitasker - This role will require you to manage multiple clients in a fast-paced environment, so communication, co-ordination and problem-solving skills will come to the fore. You will need to be able to juggle, prioritise your time, and organise effectively.
- Solutions focussed: As a senior member of the team, challenges will come to you, and your solutions focussed mentality will ensure they are responded to and handled in an appropriate way, identifying wider issues for improvement with Heads of Department.
- Ownership whilst delegating – you will be adept at being able to fine the balance of understanding you’re you need step in and own vs delegating across your portfolio. Mentoring and growing a day to day team, ensuring the right people are focussed on the right areas to deliver success alongside you. Guiding and mentoring rather than handing off, dictating and demanding.
Communication: you will have a clear communication style, as comfortable leading a workshop or pitching a proposal to senior as mentoring internal members of the team in the basics of client services, everything you do will have clear outcomes, next steps and bring people on the journey with you.
Key Outcomes :
- Revenue generation from existing accounts and developing relationships to win key new business.
- Client satisfaction as measured by the client satisfaction survey
- Team engagement measured via Employment Survey.
- Management performance via client and employee scoring.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not.
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process.
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.