Business Development Director
Location: UK - Hybrid / Remote Working
A few words about us:
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. With expertise across experience design, technology and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimise business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimisation, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join us in the UK to support our ambition of becoming the leading digital agency globally.
To be a success in the role you will know the agency game because you have lived it for years. You will be able to articulate the value of digital transformation to a B2B or B2C client in 50 words or less and, most importantly, as a digital native you can translate the trends and lingo of the digital world into something a C-level executive can understand, value and buy.
Your job is to know the market, hunt the business challenges that can be solved digitally, creating and pursuing opportunities with new client prospects. You know the value of getting really stuck-in to digital consulting rather than going on autopilot with generic slide decks, and you’re comfortable with positioning a full-service offering that spans strategy, creative and technology.
Critically you’ll know that digital is so much more than the website. You’ll be passionate about the impact your work has on human beings. Furthermore, you’ll lead and inspire the rest of the new business-oriented sales team, including their tight coupling and collaboration with Marketing, so we drive a lean and effective end-to-end sales process across the funnel.
You must be both a leader and a deal-closer, and that means you also understand the fine act of balancing risks when bidding for new business. You’ll be well networked into the wider global company, using the power of the One Valtech organization to drive the UK based business.
You’ve had a similar position for the last 10 years or more, most likely in another digital agency or a technology partner. Your track record is proven when it comes to digital strategy, customer experience, digital planning, content management, and e-commerce.
What you will be doing:
- Grow our business via net new clients in the commercial sector across different verticals.
- Drive the sales pipeline development in close partnership with the local and European marketing team.
- Engage with prospect organisations to position Valtech solutions through strategic value-based selling, business case definition, references from clients and partners, networking, etc.
- Lead end-to-end presales / RFP response / pitch process through qualification, win strategy definition, engagement of appropriate resources such as solution engineers, professional services leads, partner executives etc.
- Participate in relevant marketing and industry events.
- Systematically collaborate with Valtech’s key technology platform partners in the region, e.g. Sitecore, Salesforce, Optimizely, Contentful, Amplience, Commercetools, Fluent Commerce and others.
- Accurate weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting and revenue delivery.
- Keep up with the trends in professional digital agency services and Valtech clients’ industry verticals.
- Keep up with client success case studies and services value proposition development within Valtech
- 10+ years’ experience in business development/sales roles within the digital agency/tech professional services industry.
- 5+ years’ experience with digital services.
- Existing network of potential clients in your geographical locale.
- Demonstrable track records selling multi-year, seven figure engagements.
- Personal drive to “Getting it done and right” and the ability to make effective decisions and see them through.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on-the-fly to new demands and business environments, sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and people skills working with internal teams and client teams
- Assertiveness, directness, and a “company first” mentality.
- Strong senior executive engagement and influence skills.
What can you expect from us:
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5,000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and engineers. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication. We transform by doing and insanely passionate about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risks. And we care deeply about one another, our clients, and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organisation the opportunity to grow and transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing.
Here at Valtech we’re big believers that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we want to make sure we look after you. As well as all the usual corporate benefits (hybrid & flexible working, pension, life insurance, 25 days holiday, phone, laptop, BUPA private healthcare & dental etc), we pride ourselves on our commitment to continuous learning and development, which means you’ll have a clear growth and development path, alongside access to professional coaching and online learning courses.
You’ll be joining an inclusive and diverse workforce, working on truly exciting projects with collaborative teams at a local and global level, with a big focus on health and social well-being (free office lunches, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, eye tests, Flu Jab, regular Company Days and staff parties).
We appreciate that interviews can be daunting. At Valtech we aim to make the interview process an approachable, two-way conversation, that allows us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. As part of our efforts to ensure the recruitment process is fair and consistent, we have put in place measures and initiatives to ensure we are not rating people differently due to our own bias.
If you would like to know more about our recruitment framework, click here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.