Automation QA Engineer
Location: UK - Hybrid / Remote Working
A few words about us:
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. With expertise across experience design, technology and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimise business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimisation, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
What you will be doing:
- As an Automation QA Engineer, you will be responsible and accountable for the quality assurance activities and processes on our client engagements.
- Quality Assurance activities would include:
- Defining and validating assurance strategy and approach,
- Functional Testing (Exploratory, Automated and User Acceptance Testing),
- Performance Testing (Soak, Spike/Peak, Stress, Load),
- Definition of Acceptance Tests
- Definition and ownership of Shift Left quality assurance and security testing approaches within CI/CD pipelines,
- and other non-functional assurance processes as well as defining/validating the strategy, and approach used on the engagement.
- You will provide advice, guidance and expertise to promote adoption of methods and tools and adherence to policies and standards.
- You will evaluate and select appropriate methods and tools in line with agreed policies and standards and contribute to organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for methods and tools.
- You will implement methods and tools at programme, project and team levels including selection and tailoring in line with agreed standards and manage reviews of the benefits and value of methods and tools and will Identify and recommends improvements.
- You will plan and drive testing activities across all stages and iterations of product, systems and service development and provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution.
- You will adopt and adapt appropriate testing methods, automated tools and techniques to solve problems in tools and testing approaches.
- You will measure and monitor applications of standards for testing.
- You will assess risks and takes preventative action and identify improvements and contribute to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for testing.
- You will work under broad direction within a team and your work will often be self-initiated.
- You will be fully responsible for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives, establishing milestones and have a significant role in the assignment of tasks and/or responsibilities.
- You will influence Valtech, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of own specialism and build appropriate and effective business relationships.
- You will make decisions which impact the success of assigned work, i.e., results, deadlines and budget and you will have significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
- You will perform an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities and undertake work which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts. You will understand the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organisational requirements.
- You will analyse requirements and advise on scope and options for continuous operational improvement. You take all requirements into account when making proposals.
- You will demonstrate creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder and advise on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives.
- You will maintain an awareness of developments in the industry and take the initiative to keep skills up to date.
- You will assess and evaluate risks and proactively ensure security is appropriately addressed within their area by self and others. You engage or works with security specialists as necessary and contribute to the security culture of the organisation.
Desirable Tools Experience:
Below is a selection of tools we typically use on our engagements. Experience and/or awareness of each of them and others would be highly advantageous.
- You need to be fully familiar with recognised industry bodies of knowledge both generic and specific. You actively seek out new knowledge for own personal development and the mentoring or coaching of others. You develop a wider breadth of knowledge across the industry or business. You apply knowledge to help to define the standards which others will apply.
- You demonstrate leadership and communicate effectively, both formally and informally. You facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives and analyse, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets.
- 4+ years’ experience of Software/System Quality Assurance in complex Agile environments (Kanban or Scrum) and modern QA methodologies/approaches
- Experience of Front End, API, Back End and Data testing
- Experience of Functional/Non-Functional testing
- Experience of Exploratory/Automated testing.
- Hands on experience in either JS/Java/C# programming language
What can you expect from us:
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5,000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and engineers. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication. We transform by doing and insanely passionate about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risks. And we care deeply about one another, our clients, and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organisation the opportunity to grow and transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing.
Here at Valtech we’re big believers that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we want to make sure we look after you. As well as all the usual corporate benefits (hybrid & flexible working, pension, life insurance, 25 days holiday, phone, laptop, BUPA private healthcare & dental etc), we pride ourselves on our commitment to continuous learning and development, which means you’ll have a clear growth and development path, alongside access to professional coaching and online learning courses.
You’ll be joining an inclusive and diverse workforce, working on truly exciting projects with collaborative teams at a local and global level, with a big focus on health and social well-being (free office lunches, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, eye tests, Flu Jab, regular Company Days and staff parties).
We appreciate that interviews can be daunting. At Valtech we aim to make the interview process an approachable, two-way conversation, that allows us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. As part of our efforts to ensure the recruitment process is fair and consistent, we have put in place measures and initiatives to ensure we are not rating people differently due to our own bias.
If you would like to know more about our recruitment framework, click here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.